Structures for garden railways are just like structures for other model railroads except they must survive outdoor elements. Building Structures for Your Garden Railway is the first comprehensive guide to creating structures that work in an outdoor setting. This book covers researching, planning and drawing, selecting tools and materials, and construction. It covers everything from bases to roofs including walls, windows, doors, lighting, and painting. Using the instruction of noted expert Jack Verducci, readers will be well on their way to creating the detailed garden railway they've imagined.
Covers everything from bases to roofs including walls, windows, doors, lighting, and painting. Includes plans and illustrations for a number of buildings. Special sections on townscaping (landscaping with model structures) and nightscaping (lighting structures and scenes).
Introduction, pp. 4-5;
1. Plastic cement, glues and adhesives, pp. 6-12;
2. Tools, pp. 13-20;
3. Kits, pp. 21-25;
4. Scratchbuilding, pp. 26-30;
5. Basic wood construction, pp. 31-36;
6. Advanced wood construction, pp. 37-45;
7. Doors, windows, and trim, pp. 46-50;
8. Plastic fabrication, pp. 51-59;
9. Building with Styrofoam and Precision Board, pp. 60-65;
10. Magic Sculp epoxy putty, pp. 66-68;
11. Casting resin parts for your buildings, pp. 69-76;
12. Textured walls and roofs, pp. 77-83;
13. Painting for protection and finish, pp. 84-89;
14. Landscaping with model structures, pp. 90-95;
15. Lighting, pg. 96.
Gallery: Detailing the Crystal Club Bar, Animating a steam-operated sawmill, Detailing Brown's Machine Shop.
Kalmbach Publishing, softcover, 96 pages, 8.25 x 10.75 x .25 in., 220 Color photographs.