See zebra-striped switch engines and GP9s; and blue & yellow F-units, GP9s, U-Boats, GP35s, SD45s, and F45s in this fantastic collection of Santa Fe training and promotional films from the 1950s and 1970s! You'll also see a welded rail train, a track geometry car, repair shows, icing docks, and much, much more. Each of the six films included in this program is a vintage gem!
Here's what you'll experience in Workin' on the Santa Fe:
* Team Effort. Track repairmen learn safe handling techniques for the many tools they'll use, such as the spike maul, pick and sledge, claw bar, lining bar, rail fork, and others.
* Count the Seconds. Yard workers learn what happens when safety isn't uppermost in mind as they work around moving equipment!
* The Continuing Challenge. Santa Fe mounted a camera underneath an empty car to find out why derailments occurred on high-speed trains in 1974, with shocking results!
* Barstow: Nerve Center in the Desert. See the construction efforts that enabled Santa Fe to move 4,000 cars in and out of the 'new yard at Barstow' every day.
* Pay Day. This 1950s film shows what happens when loading, locking down, coupling, and taking up slack aren't done right!
* The Argentine Yard A Design for Tomorrow. Santa Fe's new systems process up to 3,100 cars a day, twice as many as before computerization.
Enjoy this nostalgic trip back in time as you explore one of the all-time favorite fallen flags. You're Workin' on the Santa Fe!
DVD Special Feature: Chapter Menus provides instant access to program segments. Full-screen (4x3) Format. No region code; can be played in NTSC DVD players worldwide. Packaged in Sturdy Vinyl Clamshell Case.
Pentrex, 1 hr. 30 min., in Color with Hi-Fi Sound and Narration.